Sign in to follow this  
bernard.barthalay

Trees in black boxes

Hi Bernard,

The screenshot is apparently still uploading?

Have you tried to move/modify anything manually? It sounds like there may be a BGL file that isn't pointing to the TerraFlora textures.

Thanks,

Russ

Hi Russ,

Thank you for your answer. Back to you tomorrow. Sorry, I have to check why this file is stuck in the pipe! Or send it otherwise.

What I can say for now is that I installed the Installer, then Terra Flora. Everything worked like a charm. I followed the instructions and didn't change anything manually.

I was using FTX Trees HD and kept them as they are, as recommended. I use AGX because I have scenery autogen from several developers, including France VFR, but it worked with TX Trees HD.

Best,

Bernard

Hi Bernad,

We've just release TerraFlora 1.2 and a new version of the Turbulent Terminal.

You can find the new Turbulent Terminal on the front page:

https://www.turbulentdesigns.co.uk/

To help fix your problem, it may be recommended to uninstall your current version of TerraFlora and the Turbulent Terminal and then install the new version.

You can find the new version of TerraFlora on your account download page here:

https://www.turbulentdesigns.co.uk/my-account/downloads/

Hopefully this will wash out any bugs you may be experiencing!

Keep us updated!

Thanks,

Russ

Hi Russ,

I did everything as recommended and still get the same bug. I checked at another airport : Hannover EDDV. All vegetation around is black squared.

I have Arno Gerretsen's Autogen Configuration Manager last version in my exe.xml. Sorry to have mentioned AGX32 by France VFR as I don't use it anymore since legacy Earth Simulations was dropped from their definitions. What counts is that I didn't change anything before installing TerraFlora.

ACM is running every time the sim is started. There should not be any issue on this side.

What else?

Best.

Bernard

Hi Bernard,

The trees you're seeing there aren't TerraFlora trees. Nor are they default vegetation I think.

Can you have a look at an area that is not near an airport?

TerraFlora shouldn't have any impact on any other developers vegetation textures so I'm a bit perplexed as to what's changed. If you could post a screenshot showing the result away from an airport (a least a good few miles away) that might help us determine what's happening on your system.

Cheers,

Greg

Hi Greg,

Here below are two screenshots, at dawn 10 to 20 nm away from Hannover.

Nothing new under that lazy sun. Some trees are blackboxed, some others not. Which ones are yours? Maybe none! Difficult to say.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pk59xfutncmtpxu/01102017_141643.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wvw7s7nu03d4ktu/01102017_141654.png?dl=0

Thanks for your time.

Bernard

Hi Greg,

Does your silence suggest I should come back to FTX trees HD, stay there and ask for a refund?

Do you suggest I unstall Arno's ACM and re-execute it?

Do you suggest I reinstal all my sceneries before enjoying Terra Flora visuals?

What else?

Bernard

Hi Bernard,

My apologies for not replying sooner - it seems I missed your initial reply.

The two links in your post seem to point to the same image as in your first post so I can't derive much from them.

Are you able to update the links to point to the new image?

A couple of questions for you.

Is this a default airport or another developer?

What other scenery products do you have installed? You mentioned both France VFR and Earth Simulations. Are you testing in these areas?

I'd really like to see your new test images as I think this will help with the diagnosis. At the moment I'm stumped as to how TerraFlora could be interacting with textures you already have installed.

As a last resort you could try uninstalling TerraFlora then check the result in the same location.

I'll keep an eye out for your response.

Cheers,

Greg

Hi Greg,

Both airports are from Aerosoft, but from different developers (EDDV by GAP, and LIMC by Rosenfeld). But it doesn't matter, since the last screenshots were away into North Germany, where I am on TileProxy with agn files from Freyt's OpenVFR, which working well with FTX Trees HD.

Generally speaking, each European country in my sim has its own combination of photoreal Tile Proxy terrain and add-on autogen and cities and airports from different origins, so as to get the best available result.

Yes, your last suggestion was the first one I figured out since my last mail. And that's what I'll try asap. With Terra Flora off, I'll check whether FTX Trees HD are back everywhere, or not. If not, something will have gone wrong. I might have to uninstall FTX Trees HD as well. And check.

Then, I could uninstall Arno's ACM. I know what will happen in this case: there will some previous trees (for instance France VFR ones in France) and others elsewhere (Earth Simulations in the United Kingdom or none at all, because they are incompatible, which is why Arno created its ACM in the first place). Most likely, it could result in a mess.

After that, I could re-install Terra Flora (without FTX) and execute Arno's ACM back again. Or the other way around.

To do all this carefully, check in several places and take screenshots, I need one full day. If I save my vegetation, we shall have learned something anyway, along the process.

I am scary about the outcome.

Cheers

Bernard

You could also try looking at an entirely different area. Say, somewhere in the US to see if the result is the same. My feeling is that the issue is linked with those two airport products somehow.

Greg

Hello Greg,

After some days out of simulation, I came back and solved part of the issue, through restoring my original autogen, overwriting the current file by a "vanilla" one from a backup. I was then left over with FSX summer trees. I re-installed Terra Flora, which did not, for some reason, bring your trees back in the sim, and left me with original summer trees in the autumn.

I don't really know what to do. How first to restore the normal working of seasons? Why does the Terra Flora installer no longer recognise the FSX trees and does not replace them?

As I guessed, it had nothing to do with airports.

Had Earth Simulations, ORBX and other autogen replacement developers cooperated between themselves in the first place, rather than competed against one another, and built proprietory fortresses, such outcomes would have never occurred.

I shall try and reinstall autogen add-ons, step by step, and run Arno's ACM again at each stage, and see what happens. At least, I have FSX summer trees for now (which is all I need on photoreal), until your trees are back.

Best regards

Bernard