Sign in to follow this  
twopikes

Angwin 203

How do I get this scenery to “flatten” into existing scenery? I have ORBX CA installed. There’s no problem with Big Bear.

Hi,

Can you post a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Check that all Turbulent entries are above any 'FTX' entries in the scenery library.

Cheers,

Greg

I moved them already and no change.

It’s basically as if it’s on its own level....Best explained as if the runway is elevated above the surrounding ground and at the airport parking area there are irregular unnatural terrain elevations present. It’s just not fitting into the surrounding terrain.

I like your Big Bear so thought I’d give a second scenery of yours a try. Then maybe Idaho Falls.

Greetings.

As i could not find an uninstall utility for this scenery i did another install on top. No Change. As it is Angwin is not usable for me. I'm at a loss what to do next.

Dave

Hi,

It's a bit tricky to diagnose what the problem might be without a screenshot. If you could do that, it would be a big help.

Elevation issues are generally resolved by ensuring that the Turbulent entries are above all others as previously mentioned. Not that if you run Orbx's FTX central at anytime after the airport installer has run, it will re-organise your library so the FTX entries are at the top which is not what you want. See here for more info.

If you also have Orbx's FTX Global Vector program you may need to disable Angwin using their AEC Tool. You can find instructions on that in the Vector documentation or on their website.

Once we have a screenshot and can see exactly what you're looking at then we can work on getting it sorted out for you.

Cheers,

Greg

I sent two screen shots via email to you. Couldn't figure out how to attach them here. I will never be accused of being the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to computers.

In the P3dV4.1 scenery file list Angwin is above all Orbx sceneries. While I own Orbx Vector I do not have it installed as I don't like it. Personal choice.

Please note that your Big Bear works fine.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks, I got your screenshots (FYI we'll soon we updating our forum to allow easier posting of screenshots!).

It looks as though the FTX enhanced version of 2O3 included with FTX NCA is showing through which in general means it has a higher priority in the scenery library. Either that or some other package is interfering. Can you send me a screen capture of what your scenery library looks like from within P3D? Specifically, I need to see what is immediately above and below the Turbulent entries. Sorry to keep harping on about the library but this usually the root cause of all scenery woes!

One other thing to confirm - in your P3D\Scenery\World\Scenery folder can you check you have a file called 2O3_ADEP2_TRB_ALT.bgl.

Cheers,

Greg

Hi Greg,

Screen shot sent to you via email and the file is confirmed as present in the correct location. No worry about harping (LOL)...I'm grateful for your help.

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave,

Sorry for the lack of reply.

Well it looks like Angwin wants to be difficult on your PC!

First off, were able you to check for the presence of "P3D\Scenery\World\Scenery\2O3_ADEP2_TRB_ALT.bgl"?

Beyond that, I'd suggest disabling the version of Angwin that comes with the FTX California region. You can do this by going to your "\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_NCA05_SCENERY\scenery" folder. Locate any files with "2O3" in the name - there should be 3 of them. Either remove those files or rename them as "*.BGL.OFF" so that they are not read by the sim.

NB: It's probably obvious but remember the code to search for 2-oh-3 not 2-zero-3. (I still do it wrong after all this time!).

Restart and let me know how it goes. If it works, those files can be left that way with no effect on any other part of your install.

Cheers,

Greg

Hi Greg,

The file is present.

Within ORBX i found the files you indicate but there is only 2 (not 3) of them. I added .OFF as suggested.

No Change. Perhaps I'm missing something obvious. Thanks for your patience.

Dave

Hi Dave,

My apologies for not responding sooner, I'm afraid I'm running out of ideas!

There's a few things left to try that might help pinpoint the cause of the problem:

- can you post/email a couple of screenshots from a slightly higher angle? This will help me judge whether the rest of the terrain and imagery are showing correctly.

- can you repeat the same search (for '2O3') on your entire P3D folder? It may be that there's another 3rd party version or update of the airport installed.

- can you also post a screenshot of the top part of your scenery library? The may be some clues in there.

You might also want to visit the additional airport, Pope Lake, to make sure the elevation is behaving there too.

The only way I've been able to replicate anything like the issue you're seeing is by changing the layer order in the scenery library.

FYI Angwin is a bit of a development oddity when it comes to terrain. We had to put in a custom terrain mesh and elevation adjustments in order to replicate the way the terrain arcs laterally across the immediate airport area. Unfortunately the terrain included in both default and FTX NCA, although nicely detailed, don't quite match reality. This creates a disparity between our terrain and where the NCA airport elevations are.99.99% of the time, this isn't an issue as we add in exclusions and overrides to ensure that 'our' Angwin is on top.

Fortunately though, our larger airports such as KIDA and KMBS are on flat land so don't have the same issue.

Cheers,

Greg

Hi Greg,

Still layering issues. Also no buildings present at the airport. Still throwing darts at the wall with this. Cheers,

Dave

Hi Dave,

The only screenshots I have from you via email are the ones from the 7th of November.

Any chance you could send those new ones again?

Greg

Hi Greg....I’ll send them tomorrow. As discussed it’s an elevation issue. Something I haven’t done and could try is re-downloading Angwin and try another install.

Dave

Hi Russ,

The last email(s) from me to you folks was Dec 20, 2017 and I have not received a reply.

I had thought I might get another of your sceneries while the sale was on but I have held off while trying to get this resolved.

Thanks,

Dave

Dave,

We received your screenshots, but you have still not answered the questions that I asked earlier. If it's not a problem with our software (this likely isn't), we need as much information as possible in order to help you resolve any conflicts that may exist with your setup.

As I'm sure you understand, we'll support anyone as much as possible, but if it's a general simulation setup issue then it's going to be harder for us to help while keeping on top of other support requests.

Our support is specifically for our software, yet we try to help as much as we can regardless.

Thanks,

Russ