Tbolt

KIDA Misplaced Lights

Posted (edited)

I'm enjoying KIDA very much, but there is a few misplaced runway lights that are a bit distracting during the day and confusing at night. So it would be nice if they could be removed.

This one is in the middle of runway 17/35 by taxiway C.

27726845627_2305023aab_o.jpg

This one is at the start of 35, taxiway B.

27726835777_f3eb8f6b66_o.jpg

And this one is at taxiway A4 2/20.

42594981711_32d13e428e_o.jpg

Edited by Tbolt

Do you by any chance have Key West or Manchester from Skyline Simulations installed? If so try to disable both and see if it fixes the problem. I had this issue with several airport due to some file they are using specifically in those two sceneries. If either scenery is enabled it screws up taxi edge lights at other airports. I brought this issue to their attention months ago, and they basically just said it my system fault which I know it isn't. 

10 hours ago, Jamal said:

Do you by any chance have Key West or Manchester from Skyline Simulations installed? If so try to disable both and see if it fixes the problem. I had this issue with several airport due to some file they are using specifically in those two sceneries. If either scenery is enabled it screws up taxi edge lights at other airports. I brought this issue to their attention months ago, and they basically just said it my system fault which I know it isn't. 

No I dont have either of those installed.  Interesting that they are affecting other airports though, maybe something else is messsing these lights up  for me.

3 hours ago, Greg Jones said:

That's more than just a bit out of place!!!

I'll double check at our end.

Greg

Thanks that would be helpful.

Hi,

The light in the middle of the runway 17/35 is easy to fix using WED as it's a taxiway segment defined with lights. Probably just a slight oversight during the edition process.
Just select the two nodes on each side of the runway and remove the lights in the side panel (object property) - it will change from a blue dotted line to a green line/segment (no dotted line (lights) should cross any runway).

The other lights are part of the generic runway lights but I didn't manage to remove them - but I'm not familiar with WED tools and functions, so maybe there's a simple solution.
From what I've read, if a taxiway crosses a runway it should remove the unnecessary lights. Unfortunately during my tests it removed all the runway side/border lights while extending the runway polygon towards the center of the runway (I just dragged a node).
The distance signs were still there. I don't know if there's a way to specifically exclude a given light or sign.

Any solution would be very welcome ;)