m.hubbard12

KGPI elevation issues?

Hello. After upgrading from P3Dv4.2 to .3, I noticed at GPI that my AI traffic (UTL) does not touch down when over the runway. I have witnessed about four AI traffic aircraft doing a “low level” fly by and then going missed approach. Maybe the airport elevation is incorrect? I’m not sure what’s going on this is honestly the first time I’ve ever had this happen! Thanks! 

Hi there,

Sorry for the delayed response! Unfortunately P3D v4.3 came out at an awkward time for us, so we've not had much of a chance to test KGPI. We're going to take a look at this ASAP.

Thanks,
Russ

Hello Turbulent team. Any news on checking out KGPI? My AI traffic is still buzzing the field like it’s the plague 😆. They’re acting like there’s no surface to land on...

Hi Marshall,

Do you have the ICAO set to KGPI or KFCA? Can you try the alternate setting and let me know the result?

Cheers,

Greg

5 hours ago, Greg Jones said:

Hi Marshall,

Do you have the ICAO set to KGPI or KFCA? Can you try the alternate setting and let me know the result?

Cheers,

Greg

I have it set to FCA for ai traffic. I tried GPI and it had the same result. L35 also has this issue as well. Even the orbx version of L35.

Thanks,

The fact that L35 has the same problem suggests that there's something other than a simple elevation error at play. Big Bear shouldn't be affected by elevation as it's a very simplistic setup in that regard.

Can you show me a screenshot of what you're seeing both at KGPI and L35? I'm intrigued.

Greg

Sure I can take a pic whenever I’m at one of those airports. On Avsim various members suggested the “glide slope” for ai to follow wasn’t there or is having issues. Another user suggested that the touchdown zone for ai to follow may be broken as well. I never had these issues with v4.2 but I do now with v4.3. 

Here is a pic for you at your version of L35. The Legacy 600 aircraft was witnessed leveling off at around 100ft agl and never attempted to touch the ground. He then went missed approach. Nobody else in the pattern or on the runway. They just aren’t detecting the runway for some reason. 

22439771-DC20-4A03-B81B-6BF355A87FF9.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Greg Jones said:

Thanks,

Are AI aircraft on the ground affected at all? Taxiing and taking off OK or are there none parked?

Greg

So there was a Legacy parked on the ramp when I first started and he taxied out and took off but overran the runway of course because the airport is too small for him. That could be part of the issue. My ai is trying to use airports not fit for certain aircraft. But then GPI has the same issues though it has a long enough runway. Just a second ago, a King Air landed perfectly at L35 with no issues. 

Just now, Greg Jones said:

Is this Ultimate Traffic Live? I'll do some testing here.

Greg

Yes it is P3Dv4.3 with UTL. I have my ai set up with 75% airline and 25% general traffic. 

4 minutes ago, Greg Jones said:

Can you confirm you have the file L35_ADEP2_TRB_ALT.bgl in your P3D\scenery\world\scenery folder?

Yes it is in there