dougturbulentdesigns.co.uk

Terra Flora worked once then stopped

Last night,  Terra Flora worked perfectly (I even grabbed a small MP4 to send to a friend of the moving trees). This morning, it is as if I hadn't added it.

I've checked the vegetation bgl/off  they are ok (vegitation.bgl.off and vegitation_TF.BGL). I have the "Dynamic 3D Autogen" button NOT checked in the simulator. (I'm using P3D V4.3). There are trees there, but they are the default ones, not the TF trees.  Was wondering what else to troubleshoot.

Doug LInn

Update ... I completely uninstalled Terra Flora and the Turbulent Terminal. Redownloaded the folder, ran the setup and re-installed it.  I still am not seeing the Terra Flora objects, just the ORBX objects.  (I'm working in the ORBX SAK region). (In Scenery/Global/Scenery the "vegitation.off" is showing and the Vegitation_TF.bgl is showing.

Uninstalled everything (again). Uninstalled all folders that contained Turbulent or Terra Flora. Reinstalled from scratch setting up the Turbulent Terminal. Allowed the setup to choose the folders where everything was placed.  The result, the TF trees are not there, just the default trees. 

1. In scenery/global/scenery   vegitation.bgl.off

2. In scenery/global/scenery   vegitation_TF.bgl

3. 3D animated in graphis is UNCHECKED (Off)

4. (Noticed the manual says " Turbulent Designs scenery is designed to be compatible with the following simulator platforms:
Microsoft Flight Simulator X, Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition, Lockheed Martin
Prepar3D v1, v2 and v3." 
... so it doesn't work in P3D V4.3?

5. Turbulent Terminal is version: V2.4.4.0

6. Terra Flora is Ver: 1.2.0

7. Mesh at 5

I am using P3D V4.3, I am running ORBX SAK (this is where I'm testing). I have NA Landclass.

I do not know what else there is to try. Ideas please???

Doug LInn

The only thing I can see that might be out of order is when the "install" happens ... attached is a screen capture. Also, when I uninstalled, the "vegetation" files go back to the original format (no vegetation.bgl.off or vegetation_TF.bgl ... only vegetation.bgl)

Doug

terraflora_install.jpg

Hi Doug,

Terraflora currently does not work like other add-ons in v4.3,  so you won’t see it in add-ons and you won’t see it in the scenery.cfg.

From what you’ve shown us, there should be no issues.

Could you take a screenshot of the trees (relatively close) and state where you are flying and which add ons you are using in that area?

Please note, that if you’re using an add-on or region that is using custom vegetation, they will take priority over Terraflora.

Thanks,

Russ

Here are the pics Rus ... this is P3D V3.  Totally reinstalled (even having cleared out the registry). I got the same error table (DOS)  as I depicted above while installing.  The library is showing in the Scenery Library ... automatically placed and showing at the top of the list, grayed out.  So here is what I'm seeing:

terraflora_notworking_1.thumb.jpg.b84750412d9cd4d19de065985a555f68.jpg

And this is what I was seeing in this area before: http://return.mistymoorings.com/webposts/terraflora.mp4

So I know what is should look like in this area. I run the Return to Misty Moorings site, so I know to stay away from the areas where we "place" the static trees.

I still think something is going wrong in the installation, I don't think I should be getting that warning on the error. And I can duplicate that.  So the library is in place, the scenery/global/scenery files have changed as they should, my 3D animation is turned OFF for the sim.

So a complete new download/reinstallation this morning with a clean slate and it is the same.

Doug

terraflora_notworking_1.jpg

Hi Doug,

Unfortunately, TerraFlora doesn't include any kind of animated vegetation at this stage. The only times you would see moving trees would be at certain Orbx airports (part of their NatureFlow tech) or if you have P3D's own Dynamic Vegetation enabled.

The error you're seeing is caused by the fact that we use the same installer for TerraFlora as we do for our airports. As TerraFlora doesn't add anything to the scenery.cfg, the installer (or uninstaller) can't find anything to remove - hence the error.

I hope this helps.

Greg