April 28, 2017 at 4:06 pm #1391
You’ll all be happy to hear that Russ White’s KMBS International Airport is now officially in Beta! We’ve created a collection of screenshots to whet your appetite while we wrap things up. You’ll be seeing a release date imminently!
Now for the feature list:
• 2 runway international airport. The primary runway is 8002 feet long, with a secondary cross wind runway of 6400 feet
• 2320 foot section of surviving world war 2 runway which makes an ideal setting for challenging bush landings
• The main terminal features a completely modelled interior, true to internal blueprints from the real building, allowing you to walk through and explore as a passenger! As a pilot sitting at a gate, from the cockpit you can look through the terminal windows into departure and arrivals and see every detail inside the building
• At the corporate jet apron one of the main hangars has a fully featured interior with open doors, allowing you to start or end a flight inside the hangar, alongside custom modelled parked jets
• The whole coverage area of the satellite imagery is populated with custom houses, buildings, trees, vehicles etc. Resulting in incredibly detailed scenery extending away from the airport, not just within the boundary fence
• The scenery comes with compatibility options to be perfectly colour matched to the surrounding terrain, with matching options for default terrain, Orbx Global and Mega Scenery Earth
• Satellite imagery is fully compatible and perfectly colour matched to all seasons.
• The high definition ‘RealFlora’ Custom trees and vegetation automatically change to seasonal variations based on SODE implementation
• The main terminal features incredibly detailed, fully articulated jetways that animate to your aircraft’s door, making full use of the SODE implementation, even the wheels roll as the jetway moves!
• A brand-new library of service vehicles, cars and trucks populate the airport, created using photography of the real world counterparts, modelled to a level of detail never before seen in flight sim, even featuring cab interiors with transparent and reflective glass
• All airport buildings feature high definition textures and specular effects
• Runway’s, taxi way’s and apron surfaces are represented with high definition textures based on real world surface photography, providing an unrivalled level of visual realism while taxi-ing around the airport
• Dense population of RealFlora in use at MBS provides a realistic variety of grasses and ground plants across the airport, particularly delivering a very convincing feel of overgrowth at the abandoned section of world war 2 runway.
• MBS airport sits in a rural expanse of fertile land, surrounded by farms and small holdings, This scenery perfectly recreates these visually recognizable landmarks in great detail. Individually modelled farms with grain silo’s, water towers, wind generators and barns surround the airport, providing a huge amount of realism on approach and departure.
• The landside detail is as high as the airside detail thanks to an all new clutter library featuring Armco barriers, bollards, fencing, commercial waste receptacles and other items which all together faithfully recreate the feel of a busy airport environment.
April 28, 2017 at 5:19 pm #1402
- This topic was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by Russell Linn.
Here are some shots from P3D v3:
April 28, 2017 at 5:42 pm #1403
That is absolutely astonishing. Thank you for bringing such a great airport to my home State. I can not wait to buy it!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.